8.31.2015

August 2015 Favorites

august 2015 favorites

During the month of August I fell in love with a few things and I thought I'd share them with you.

1. I found these brown sandals from Cato while on vacation with my family back in May. I only recently started wearing them regularly and I don't know why I didn't start sooner. They are the perfect sandal! They look nice with a simple jeans and t-shirt outfit as well as a pretty sundress. The best part is that the straps are super stretchy. All I have to do is slip my foot in, no unbuckling required. Which is perfect for a lazy girl like me!

2. A few weeks ago I went to my school's bookstore to pick up my books for this semester and they were selling these planners by Bloom. I'd been looking for a new planner that's small enough to fit in my purse or backpack and this one is perfect. The colors and patterns are really pretty and the quotes inside are inspirational.

3. Earlier this month I purchased 2 of the Hask Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Deep Conditioner packettes. After one use I knew I had to buy the full size. This deep conditioner is one of the best I've ever used. It left my hair super soft  and moisturize which are two important things that I look for in a deep conditioner. Best part, it's only $5!

4. I'd been meaning to get my hands on the Smith's Rosebud Salve Tube since about February when I'd discovered the tin version. The tube version is so much more convenient. No more digging my finger in a container and then later looking for something to clean my hands with. Also, this stuff is a lip saver in the colder months. It keeps your lips moisturized in the harshest of winter weather. And with chilly fall days right around the corner I couldn't have picked a better time to fall in love with this product.

5. For so long I've been searching for a mascara that would lengthen and volumize my lashes without clumping them and the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara does just that.

6.  So, during the summer I decided to step out of my comfort zone and read some older books. One of them was The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides. The book is basically about 5 sisters who commit suicide and is told from the point of view of a group of boys who obsessed with them. I wasn't sure if I'd actually like this book. It took what seemed like forever for me to finish this book because of the way it's written but by the end I knew it would be one to add to my list of favorites.

What are some things you loved in the month of August?
Follow  (Click to stay updated!)

No comments:

Post a Comment