1.08.2016

Winter Skincare Routine for Combo Skin


Winter Skincare Routine
As a girl with combination/oily skin I can usually expect to be a bit of an oily mess during the warmer months. But during the winter I never know just what my skin is going to do or when. Some days my forehead is super greasy but my nose is extremely dry. Other days, it's like my entire face hasn't seen moisturizer in days. So, I've been working to find a routine that gives me enough moisture to combat the dryness but doesn't leave me looking oily, and I think I've figured it out! My skin behaves so well whenever I use this routine.

1. CLEANSE 

I start by washing my face with Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula. I just wet my face with water and let the product lather up on my skin using my hands. I don't use any kind of brush during the colder months because I find that my skin gets very dry when I do use one. So, about once or twice a week I use a scrub/exfoliante to get a really deep cleanse (but that's a post for another day).

2. TONE 

To tone my skin I like to use Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner. I have a whole post on the amzingness of this product that you can read here. But I really like using this product in the winter because it controls my oils very well without over-drying my skin. 

3. MOISTURIZE

To moisturize, I use two products, one for my face and another for my lips. For my face I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I've tried other gel moisturizers because they're supposed to be better than cream moisturizers if you have oily skin, and this one is the best of them all. It gives my skin a nice layer of moisture, and because it's so lightweight, a little goes a long way and my skin doesn't feel weighed down. For my lips I use Smith's Rosebud Salve, because, simply put, it's the best. It leaves my lips moist and supple for hours, and who doesn't want that?

How do you take care of your skin during the cold months?
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment