11.04.2015

Autumn/Winter Skin Saviors

Autumn-Winter Skin Saviors
As much as I love cold weather, I don't really care for the dry skin that comes with it. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose skin gets a bit dry during the cold seasons. Recently, I've found myself pulling out the best of the best of my skincare products. The ones that leave my skin ridiculously moisturized and soft. And I know, most of us are probably wearing our favorite sweaters and comfiest leggings, and no one's really looking at our skin. But healthy, moisturized skin is important. And let's be honest, dry skin isn't cute.

 Autumn/Winter Skin Saviors 

  •  Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion is what I reach for on a daily basis. It's very thick and creamy. I usually use it at night because it is a bit heavy. But, because of the heaviness the moisture is long lasting and I can usually skip lotion in the morning. Which is great because I'm usually running late.
  • On the days that I want to smell really good I trade in my unscented lotion for my favorite Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream. It's moisturizing and smells amazing. I go for the Ultra Shea Body Cream instead of their regular body lotions because they're less greasy and leave my skin feeling a bit softer.
  •  Occasionally, I'll forget to moisturize for a few days (oops!). And on those days I need a little extra help so I like to mix vitamin E oil into whatever lotion I'm using that day. Vitamin E oil adds a little extra moisture and is easily absorbed into the skin. 
  • The only thing worse than dry skin is chapped lips. So, to prevent that I use Smith's Rosebud Salve. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff because it's a bit thick and long lasting. When I use this my lips are soft and supple which helps prevent chapped lips.
What's your favorite cold weather skincare product?
Follow  (Click to stay updated!)

No comments:

Post a Comment