1.27.2016

3 Must-Try Hair Masks

3 Must Try Hair Masks

I am a girl of many obsessions, hair masks being one of them. And since deciding to take better care of my hair almost two years ago, I have tried so many masks that I'm practically an experts! I'm joking. But seriously, I have tried my fair share of hair masks both store bought and diy and have stumbled upon some true gems. So, today I'm sharing some of my favorite hair masks/treatments that have shown amazing results.

A few weeks ago I mentioned the importance of deep conditioning during the winter, along with some other winter hair care tips. These hair masks are some of my top faves for moisturizing and strengthening the hair:

1. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque - If you struggle with a dry scalp like me, then you NEED this product. This hair masque contains tea tree oil and willow bark extract which are great for relieving dry, itchy scalps and removing product buildup. I like to apply this product directly to my scalp and roots; sometimes I mix it with another deep conditioner and other times I'll just use this one on its own; it all depends on what my hair needs.

2. Eva Nyc Therapy Session Hair Mask - When my hair is in need of a little bit of strengthening but also some moisture, I use this and basically kill two birds with one stone. This mask contains keravis protein, which strengthens the hair, as well as argan oil that conditions and helps repair the hair. I wasn't too sure about this one at first because it wasn't really advertised for curly hair, but my hair loves this stuff! After I let it sit for about 30 minutes to an hour, I rinse it out and my hair is really soft, which is nice because some products that contain protein can damage your hair if you leave it in for too long.

3. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque - This stuff smells amazing! Honestly, I'd probably use this even if it didn't work, but luckily it does. This masque is super thick but has so much slip. I love when a product has enough slip that I can easily finger detangle my hair because it makes the process so much easier. Besides speeding up my hair washing process, this masque is really moisturizing. After about an hour of conditioning, I rinse the masque out and I can instantly feel a difference in my hair. My curls are soft and bouncy, they're moisturized and there's very little frizz.
    What are some of your favorite deep conditioners?
    Follow



    No comments:

    Post a Comment