1.25.2016

Everyday Makeup - Winter Edition

Everyday Makeup - Winter Edition


Today, I'm sharing my go-to winter makeup look. For the past few weeks I've been reaching for the same products to create a simple, winter appropriate look. Mostly, because I've been far to lazy to try anything dramatic, and I'm currently on the hunt for the perfect everyday look to go to on those days where I have very little time to get ready.


BASE 
I start with priming my face with e.l.f Mineral Infused Face Primer. To conceal under my eyes and any dark spots in may have I use the Maybelline Fit Me! concealer in the shade 30 cafe. I haven't reached for liquid foundation in months, because lately I've been loving L'oreal True Match super-blendable powder. I love it because it's super buildable, so I can use it whether I'm looking for light or full coverage. 
EYES + BROWS
For my eyes I keep it extremely simple. After priming my eyes with Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless eye primer I put NYX Nude Matte Shadow in the shade Dance the Tides, a warm brown shade, on my eyelid, and to open and brighten my eyes up a bit a put a little bit of ColourPop's Super Shock Cheek in Parasol in my inner corner. Technically, this is a cheek product but it works well as an eyeshadow too! To give the appearance of fuller lashes I tightline with Jordana Easyliner in black and then I apply several coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational on both my top and bottom lashes. 

For my brows I like to line/shape them first with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in the shade Ebony and then I fill them in to my liking with their Dipbrow Pomade in the shade Granite.

CHEEKS + LIPS 
Prior to a few weeks ago, I wasn't much of a blush person, mostly because I had trouble finding a shade that looked nice with my skin tone. But I decided to give it another try. I've been using NYX Blush in Desert Rose and I am obsessed. It's the perfect pinky red shade. It looks great on people of color with a darker complexion, but I also believe it would look good on women of a lighter skin tone. It's a very universal pink shade, in my opinion. After blush I add a ridiculous amount of highlight to the high points of my cheek bones and the tip of my nose. I've been enjoying using the shade Avalon from ColourPop. It's this beautiful, pearlized, golden bronze color that provides a lovely natural glow for people of a darker complexion.

Whether I wear a lippie or not changes with my mood; some days I want to wear it and some days I don't. But on the days that I do, I'm usually choosing between two different products. Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick in Matte Frappuccino, is very pigmented so I usually just dab it on my lips for a more natural look, or I'll go for NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Angel Food Cake which gives my lips a slight pink tint.

What's your go to look this winter?
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment