1.29.2016

January 2016 Favorites

January 2016 Favorites

It's been a very long time since I've done a post sharing my current favorites. So, since it's a new year I thought it would be a great idea to share some things that I've been enjoying so far this year.

1. The Happy Planner - I purchased this back in December when I stumbled upon some planner related videos on YouTube. But I didn't start using it until January because one of my goals was to be more productive and I thought that getting into planning out my life would help. And I was right! Since I began using this planner and decorating each week, I've gotten a bit better at getting things done and staying on task. I think part of the reason why planning has helped me so much lately is because I enjoy looking at my lists of things to do because they're so pretty. I know that sound strange, but apparently pretty things are what motivate me to get stuff done!

2. Bloke Body Coffee + Sweet Orange Body Scrub - I've been on the hunt for a good body scrub for a while and while doing some research I found this stuff. I'd heard of the benefits of coffee scrubs so I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. I'm not a fan of the taste of coffee, but I do enjoy the smell of coffee and this scrub smells amazing! The orange smell is very subtle but goes great with the coffee. Not only is the smell great, but this actually works. The sea salt and sugar in this scrub are great exfoliators and leave my skin really smooth, while the coconut oil leaves my skin soft  and moisturized. But the best part is that it's 100% natural.
3. For the past couple of weeks I've been trying out a new face wash. Well, it's been a round for a while but it's new to me. The Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel just might be my new favorite face wash. It's very similar to Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap (oily skin formula). It cleans just as well, but it doesn't dry my skin out like the Clinique facial soap. If you like the Clinique face wash, this one is basically a cheaper dupe.

4. For Christmas my grandma got me the Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball Trio, which was one of the three things on my Christmas wishlist. Now, I'm not a big perfume wearer, but I've loved the original Daisy scent since it came out. I never bought it because, it's a bit pricey. But since I received them, I've been wearing them every time I go out. I've mostly been wearing the original Daisy, a lovely floral scent, and Daisy Eau So Fresh, which is a lighter, slightly fruitier version of the original. I'm loving them so much that I'm contemplating splurging and treating myself to a full bottle of one of the two scents, next month for my birthday!

5. In December, Troye Sivan released his album Blue Neighbourhood, and I am still obsessing over it. It's been a very long time since I've been this into an album. I listen to it all day, everyday, and I don't see any signs of me getting tired of it anytime soon. The album is very chill, even the more up beat ones. Many of the songs have great messages behind them, which is something I look for in music. A few of my favorites are TALK ME DOWN, YOUTH, EASE, HEAVEN, FOOLS, for him, and SUBURBIA.

What were some of your favorites this month?
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment